IMES spa was founded in 1941, and started from 1961 to be a strategic supplier of forged parts for Global OEM customers in Europe and US. During last 55 years, many companies, leader in their specific markets, has started to closely cooperate with IMES in developing some cost-effective and quality excellent product families.
In 2007 IMES was acquired by VARROC Group, an emerging global automotive component manufacturer and supplier of exterior lighting systems, powertrains, electricals-electronics, body and chassis parts to leading passenger car and motorcycle segments worldwide. Actually, VARROC is leading global passenger car lighting supplier and the number one 2-wheeler automotive component supplier in India.
At that time, VARROC started a market diversification project in oil-gas & undercarriage market, buying IMES, a specialist for over thirty years in the OEM supply of forged parts, as cones and stand/body for oil-gas drill bits and links rollers and segments for undercarriage market, specific know-how in developing customized process and internal dies manufacture for the application request by the customer.
With our facilities in Europe and India, we produce a wide range of forged components for various markets, such as:
- Oil& gas
- and non-automotive applications.
The use of cutting edge technologies, the capacity to work with customers from the beginning of the project development stage, our own R&D resources and the wide experience acquired over more than 75 years on the market have made us leader in our segments.
As an international supplier with highest production and quality standards, we are a competent and reliable partner for our global customers. Our continuous focus on efficiency, product and process innovations provides customers with a source of continuing competitive advantages.
Being part of a fastly growing, ambitious group of companies will push IMES to:
- Consolidate its position in reference markets such as undercarriage and oil & gas
- Expand its volumes in side markets like automotive and earthmoving equipment with an eye to opportunities coming from emerging economies
- Improve flexibility, quality, cost effectiveness of its product lines through building knowledge and competences in internal
- Renew our equipment base with investments in technology and in new installations, that will drive to increase overall productivity, capacity, flexibility